The Communicator is a smart hardhat that provides sensor-based contextual awareness of the worker’s surroundings. Equipped with multi-modal, high-precision, real-time positioning (RTLS) and comprehensive audio-visual telecommunications, this ergonomically designed hardhat essentially transforms a regular worker to a connected worker.
Main features of the Communicator
- Certified ANSI.Z89.14 Type I Class-G industrial hardhat
- Intrinsically-safe option, IECEx and ATEX Zone 1 and C1D1 certificated
- Real-time and high precision indoor & outdoor location tracking (RTLS) using GPS/GNSS
- Presence detection using standard BLE beacons and UWB
- Proximity-detection to moving or static equipment, personnel and vehicles (example: forklifts)
- PPE compliance and audits using RFID
- Asset Identification using BLE and RFID
- Audio/video VOIP telephony with compatible devices and SCC operators
Get automated safety check-ins right from the Communicator Center, to help ensure worker safety without burdening workers on the job.
Powerful software for real-time monitoring and event alerts combined with a variety of wearable devices helps prevent injury or even death from exposure to extreme temperatures, gas, radiation, noise, over-exertion, or worker-specific health issues.
Leverage walk path reports to investigate incident root-cause, conduct safety audits, mine data for operational improvements, and for customer service or regulatory compliance.
Key Benefits of the Communicator
- Hands-Free Operation
- Ruggedized high tech
- Intrinsically safe
- Flexible and versatile range of applications
Where can it be used?
The Communicator can be used for:
Inventory Tracking, Preventative Maintenance, Environmental Monitoring, Emergency Response, PPE Compliance, Human Conditions and Vitals Monitoring, Lone Worker Monitoring, Planning and Scheduling, Time and Attendance, Time and Motion Studies, Driver/Machine Operator Monitoring, On-the-job training and Remote Expert Support.