The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features, or contain third-party cookies, that are not owned or controlled by United Safety. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, which are subject to their respective privacy policies.
Personal Information We Obtain
We may obtain personal information through the Channels. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business);
- information used to create your online account (such as username, password and security question and answer);
- biographical and demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, job title/position, marital status and dependent, spousal and other family information);
- purchase and customer service history;
- financial information (such as payment information, including name, billing address and payment card details (i.e., card number, expiration date and security code); bank account information; financial statements; income; and credit score);
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- other personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact Us” feature).
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Online Channels.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our products and services;
- process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- communicate about and administer our products, services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- conduct and facilitate surveys, sweepstakes, contests, focus groups and market research initiatives;
- perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks);
- provide customer support;
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- administer and register participants in our courses;
- provide investor services;
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products, services and Online Channels; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, Online Channels, network services, information resources and employees.
We may combine personal information we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information, for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
The legal basis for United safety processing your personal information as described above will typically be one of the following:
- Your consent;
- Performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- Our legitimate business interests; or
- Compliance with our legal obligations.
Personal Information Sharing
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection.
- We may share personal information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- We may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent.
- We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as the United Safety provides with respect to the information we share.
How We Protect Personal Information Transmission
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Channels.
Retention of Personal Information
Children’s Personal Information
How to Contact Us